Friday, October 16, 2020

EOTO 2 - Week 8

     I learned many new things from my classmate when I watched their presentations on the different technologies they researched. One that stood out to me was the one that was done on emojis and emoticons. I had never really even thought about the fact that someone had to invent all of that and that there were artists who are responsible for creating them. 

    It sounds strange now that everyone has an iPhone, but when I was younger and they first came out, practically no one had one. The phones that we had as kids were the old flip phones and the hottest one was the Motorola Razr. When we texted, we used those symbols to make smily faces and I never even thought about someone having to come up with all those combinations of symbols. We learned from each other as kids and found different combinations for all kinds of faces. 

    Once the iPhone took off and they added emojis, everything was different and now not many people even use the old symbol emojis. Its just interesting to think about and makes me think of how we did things as kids compared to now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  I think that the internet and rise of technology has brought many good things into this world but definitely has some bad side effects o...